YES! Dogs are always welcome at my family photo sessions, as long as the location and/or venue allows them. My tip is to let your photographer know ahead of time if you are bringing a pet. Make sure to confirm that your pet will be permitted at your photo location. If you’re going to bring a pet, I recommend exercising your pet before the session and bringing their favorite toy or treats! Depending on your pet’s fur type, it might also be good to groom them before the shoot.
Here are a few popular location in San Luis Obispo County and their dog policy:
- Cayucos Beach – Dogs are permitted if they’re on a leash.
- Avila Beach – Dogs are allowed off-leash at Avila before 10 am and after 5 pm daily. At other times, dogs must be on a leash.
- Morro Bay Beach – Dogs are permitted if they’re on a leash.
- Pismo Beach – Dogs are permitted as long as they are on a leash. Dogs are not permitted on the pier.
In all of the locations, venues, and beaches, pet owners must be responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
A few tips if you decide to bring your dog to your photo session:
- Bring water, treats, and toys
- Bring a new leash (The leash might be in the photos so you might want to bring a new pretty one)
- Bring litter bags to pick up after your dog
- If possible, bring a dog sitter or someone to help
- A grooming appointment before your session might be a good idea
- Arrive early to give your dog some time to get familiar with the location
I can’t wait to meet your fur baby at our next photo session!!! Book a session here with Rosa Clark Photography today!
This month I have also joined a wonderful group of photographers for a blog circle. I want to introduce you to Iana Chtefan. She is a Brand and Headshot Photographer in Aberdeen. She recently wrote a blog post about a branding shoot with a weight loss coach. Go check her out!!!
April 29, 2022
How sweet are these images! I love it when families bring dogs!! And you are awesome for doing all the research of knowing where they can go and how. Such a great post for families who like bringing their dogs to sessions!!!!!
Love all of this!!! Can’t wait for you to take our daughters Grad photos!!
I love when families bring dogs to their family photo sessions. Dogs are a part of the family and they belong there too. Love your images.
Super useful thank you! Dogs are part of the family and make the session so much more fun!
Great info and advice! Thanks!